The Second Unit/ ADU Resource Fair is a FREE event to help San Mateo County residents get the information they need to build a second unit.
At this resource fair, you can:
- Meet over 30 architects, builders, lenders, and other professionals that specialize in Second Units.
- Learn about Bright in Your Backyard, Hello Housing’s One Stop Shop to help homeowners navigate the process of building their second unit with FREE project management support throughout the process.
- Tour a Prefab second unit on-site!
- Get a FREE how-to workbook on second units (while supplies last)
- Arrive and leave anytime during the event- you don’t have to stay the whole time.
- Meet city planners from Redwood City, Pacifica, and unincorporated San Mateo County.
Whether you are just starting to think about whether building a second unit is a good fit for you or if you are already putting together your project team, you won’t want to miss this unprecedented event!
Special Second Unit Presentations
Top second unit experts will be giving optional presentations on popular topics for those who want a more in-depth overview. The preliminary presentation schedule includes:
2:00-2:20: Event Welcome
2:40-3:10: What can I build? Zoning terms and requirements explained.
3:30-4:00: How can I build? Finding your construction team.
4:10-4:30: How do I pay for it? Funding your second unit project.
Admission to all presentations is included for free with your RSVP to the main fair. Seating for presentations is on a first come, first served basis. All presentations are in the same building as the vendor tables. Tabling will continue in parallel with the presentations.